While Gadgets and Gear sincerely hopes you do not need to visit this page, we understand that sometimes items may arrive damaged due to workmanship, shipping, etc. Most products listed on our site hold a 30-365 day warranty, which begins based on the date you initially received the item. If any defects are found within the life of the warranty, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-411-9093. Our customer service experts will be happy to help.
If you have shopped with GadgetsandGear.com before, and are aware of our returns and exchanges policies, feel free to Go to RMA Form.
1. In the event that you would like to return or exchange a product purchased on GadgetsandGear.com, you MUST receive a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to shipping any items back to our warehouse. An RMA number is necessary for the following reasons: (i) Our warehouse is unable to receive returned packages without prior approval, (ii) any item shipped without an RMA number will be refused and returned to the sender, (iii) RMA numbers allow us to keep track of what item(s) belongs to which order; know whether you would like to the product returned or exchanged; and ensure all returned items are sent to the correct manufacturer if found defective.
When filling out the RMA form, please be sure to provide as much detail regarding your return request as possible, including but not limited to: (i) the reason for returning, (ii) what defects were found with the product.
2. Gadgets and Gear can only credit the account on which the purchase was originally made. Your account will be credited when returns are received and all applicable testing is complete.
Returned items will be processed and tested for defects the same day they arrive in our warehouse. If an item is found to be defective (excluding damages caused by the customer), exchanges are shipped the same day. An item eligible for refund, that is found to be defective due to workmanship will not incur any restocking or administrative fees. However, if a product was damaged due to misuse, which will be inspected and evaluated at the time of arrival, customers will be subject to all applicable restocking and administrative fees.
3. All returns must be in original, new, and re-sellable condition; include all original content (packaging, instruction manuals, accessories, etc.); and must be received in the same condition it shipped. Some products may be fragile so please pack your items exactly how they arrived to prevent breakage.
4. Gadgets and Gear is not held responsible for any lost packages or products damaged during shipment. To protect yourself and your returned merchandise, you MUST use a trackable mailing service (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL) when shipping any item(s) back to our warehouse. Once an item has shipped, please send a copy of your receipt outlining the cost of shipment and tracking number to email@example.com.
Any returns sent to our warehouse without a trackable shipping service and proof of purchase, will NOT be eligible for reimbursement. Gadgets and Gear cannot reimburse shipping costs without proper documentation.
For further details on returns and shipping reimbursement, please refer to the “Returns Shipping” section below.
Please note: Filling out an RMA form does NOT guarantee that a return or exchange request will be honored. All requests are subject to review and approval at the discretion of GadgetsandGear.com.
Please do not be alarmed if your return request does not receive a response immediately. The RMA review process can take up to 2-3 business days.
5. Unless there is clear evidence that an item is defective and under warranty, return shipping will be paid by the customer. If you purchase an item from GadgetsandGear.com and it arrives visibly damaged, immediately send photos of the damage, the product packaging, and the shipping box to firstname.lastname@example.org. Most shipments leaving the Gadgets and Gear warehouse or the manufacturer's warehouse are insured. If an item is damaged during shipping, it will not be the customer's responsibility to pay for return shipping.
However, if a customer cannot provide clear evidence that a product is damaged/defective prior to shipping the device for return, the individual must pay for the initial cost of return shipping. All devices will be inspected by our technical experts upon arrival; if an item is found to be defective (excluding damages caused by misuse), shipping charges will be immediately reimbursed. If a product fails inspection, exchanges are shipped to customers on the same day the defective items arrive. If a product is not damaged due to mishandling and eligible for a refund, the account the customer initially used to purchase the item will be credited.
In order to be eligible for shipping reimbursement, customers are REQUIRED to use a trackable shipping service (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL) to send items back to our warehouse. Items must also be shipped back with proof of purchase.Once an item has shipped, please send a copy of your receipt outlining the cost of shipment and tracking number to email@example.com.
Any return sent to our warehouse without a trackable shipping service and proof of purchase, will NOT be eligible for reimbursement. Gadgets and Gear cannot reimburse shipping costs without proper documentation.
6. If an item is returned and claimed to be damaged or defective, it will be inspected and tested upon arrival. Any item claimed to be defective, that is found in working order by our technical support or damaged due to the customers misuse, will be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
If you are having trouble working your item, GadgetsandGear.com strongly recommends that you contact our technical support prior to requesting a return. In most cases, our staff will be able to troubleshoot any problems directly over the phone to avoid any unnecessary returns and charges.
7. If you request a return simply because you no longer want/need the purchased item, you will be subject to a 20% restocking fee, a 5% administrative fee, and responsible to pay return shipping costs.
8. Camera Detectors, Software, and Activated GPS Devices are NOT eligible for a return at any time, under any circumstances.
9. Due to the nature of our Security and Spy products, you have 48 hours from the time your item arrives to test it, inspect it, and determine whether the device is right for you. If you find that the product will not work for your specific situation, Gadgets and Gear MUST be notified by email within the first 48 hours. After 48 hours, your item will NOT be eligible for a refund.
10. Depending on the manufacturer, Security and Spy products are covered by a 30-365 day warranty. While you cannot return an item after the allotted 48 hours, items found to be defective within the life of the warranty are eligible for exchange and other services as permitted by the manufacturer. To be eligible for a return or exchange, you must apply for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number on our website. Please click the link at the bottom of this page to fill out an RMA form.
11. Due to the varying import policies of each country, Gadgets and Gear Enterprises Corp. holds no responsibility in understanding and implementing these restrictions. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to contact their local customs department to verify that the item(s) purchased through GadgetsandGear.com are legally permitted to be delivered. In the event that an item is returned due to a customs denial, international law, or the inability to be delivered to a specific country, the cost of shipping is non-refundable.
International shipping costs quoted on our check-out page are calculated based on the weight and dimension(s) of the item(s) purchased. Please be aware that the shipping cost does not include any applicable fees associated with duties and taxes. Duty and tax fees are the sole responsibility of the customer. Please understand that since our company does not collect additional payment for these fees, we are not able to reimburse them.
12. Items returned to GadgetsandGear.com due to a customs denial, international law, or the inability to be delivered to a specific country, will be treated as a return without authorization and may fall subject to applicable restocking and administrative fees.
If an international customer would like to replace an item under warranty, it is the discretion of the recipient country to decide whether additional customs or duties fees will be collected for the the new shipment. Again, duty and tax fees are the responsibility of the buyer.
We strongly recommend checking import policies with a local customs agent prior to purchasing.